Welcome to the Buffalo Bill Museum in LeClaire, Iowa…
- Recently, we received a donation from Mike Wolfe of “American Pickers“. It is Iron-Eyes Cody’s Tee Pee. He was an Italian actor who portrayed an Indian in many Westerns, including John Wayne. He also was known as the crying Indian from the TV commercial to save the environment. The show also did a good tribute to Cecil Fletcher who was friends with the actor and we have a display dedicated to him as well. Cecil was a local musician who wrote a song about LeClaire and had it copyrighted so we have an official city song. Not too many towns can boast that. We also sell his music.
- Thank You to everyone who was involved in making the 8th Annual John Boesch Memorial golf tournament in 2015 such a success and especially all the businesses that donated prizes. We hope to see everyone this year! Click here to learn more about 2016 golf outing!
- We have just received more Native American souvenirs for our Gift Shop. Stop by and see what’s new!
- Learn about Geocaching
- We just received the Certificate of Excellence 2015 Winner from www.tripadvisor.com for being recognized by customers as one of the very best in the business.
- We have also received the Brick and Mortar Award for 2014 from the LeClaire Chamber of Commerce.
- The museum director, Robert Schiffke, was awarded The Edward B. deSilva Community Leadership Award for 2015 given by the LeClaire Chamber of Commerce.
- 1939 Chris Craft Speed Boat on Display
- A 3 foot hand crafted replica of the riverboat the Robert E. Lee
- The City of LeClaire’s fully restored first fire truck
- Educational Play Room for young children 3 to 8 years of age accompanied by an adult
- A room displaying Early 1900’s Ladies Fashions
- A New Sauk & Fox Indian Display featuring Cradle Boards
- Lone Star Wooden Hull Steam-powered Paddle Wheel – “A Must To See”: An exhibit featuring The first licensed Riverboat Pilot on the Mississippi River Philip Suiter
- Archival Room where you can do historical research on Buffalo Bill, Mississippi River History, River Pilots and Riverboat History and local area history by appointment
- The Riverboat Pilots
- Pioneers of LeClaire Township
- Indian Artifacts
- The “Green Tree Hotel”
- Life on the Mississippi River
- 1929 LeClaire Fire Truck
- Gift Shop
- LeClaire’s Famous Sons:
- Showman “Buffalo Bill” Cody and his Wild West Congress
- Famous inventor, Professor James Ryan’s, was a LeClaire native. His office on display at the museum and he invented the first flight recorder, the seat belt, and crash bumpers for cars.
- James Buchanan Eads, the engineer known for the Eads Bridge in St Louis, Illinois, crossing the Mississippi River.
Open Year Round
Now Open Summer Hours !!!!
Monday – Saturday 9:00 A.M. – 5:00 P.M.
Sunday 12:00 P.M. – 5:00 P.M.
Winter Hours Start in November
Monday – Saturday: 9:00 A.M. – 4:00 P.M.
Sunday 12:00 P.M. – 4:00 P.M.
Open Some Holidays – Please Call Ahead!
Youth 6-16 years $1.00
Children under 6 years is Free
Triple AAA Members $4
Active Military are Free
199 N. Front St.
Le Claire, Iowa 52753
Link to Google Maps
Located 1 Block east of Cody Road/Hwy 67;
between Downtown LeClaire and the Mississippi River
*NOTE: All forms are in Adobe PDF format.
Click here to download the free Adobe Reader.
For Administration Purpose Only: Check Email