Welcome to the Buffalo Bill Museum in LeClaire, Iowa…
QUAD CITIES MUSEUM WEEK – June 17-25 On June 17 through 25, over 20 museums from across the Quad Cities region will come together for the third annual Quad Cities Museum Week. Enjoy this celebration of our region’s museums and participate in special activities, exhibits and promotions during this fun-filled week. This year’s theme will be “QC Spotlight”. Each museum will feature people, items, inventions, products, and historical events that spotlight and tell a story about the Quad Cities. Get out and learn about the people who made a difference in the Quad Cities, significant historical events, amazing inventions and products made in the Quad Cities. Museum Week is the perfect opportunity for families and friends to get out and explore. Each museum features its own, theme, history, galleries, and exhibits. Come and discover these wonderful historical and cultural treasures that add to the quality of life in our region. We encourage you to tweet and post on your Facebook page about your Museum Week experiences using #QCMUSEUMS. To find out more about Museum Week, please visit www.qcmuseumweek.com
10th Annual John Boesch Memorial Golf Outing Saturday, June 17, 2017. The Golf Outing is a fundraiser for the Buffalo Bill Museum and River Pilots’ Pier Exhibit, LeClaire, IA. The Outing will at Olathea Golf Course, LeClaire, IA. Shotgun Start at 9am. 4 person best ball 18 hole golf tournament . $70.00 per person. 18 holes golf with cart, prizes at every hole, free photo, beverage cart, mulligans available for purchase, cash award on 2 flights, buffet lunch. If not golfing lunch is available for $7.00. Lunch and social hour following golf. Awards program and silent auction. 8am the day of the golf outing Matthew Boesch, PGA Director of Instruction at Hawk’s View Golf Club (Lake Geneva, WI) will conduct a Golf Clinic for all participating golfers. Matthew Boesch, Hawk’s View Head Golf Professional, is a member of the Professional Golfer’s Association of America (PGA) and a graduate of Ferris State University’s renowned Professional Golf Management program.For Reservations please call: Packy Huettman: 563-289-5971, Olathea Golf Course 563-289-4653 or Steve Suiter 563-370-2386 Olathea Golf Course is located at 23200 Great River Road, LeClaire, IA
- The Buffalo Bill Museum has been named one of the 25 best things to do in Iowa by VacationIdea Dream Vacation Magazine.
- The Buffalo Bill Museum and LeClaire, Iowa are listed on the National Geographic website that helps people explore the Mississippi River.
- We have added audio narratives to a few of our exhibits: Native Americans, Homesteading and James Ryan.
- Recently, we received a donation from Mike Wolfe of “American Pickers“. It is Iron-Eyes Cody’s Tee Pee. He was an Italian actor who portrayed an Indian in many Westerns, including John Wayne. He also was known as the crying Indian from the TV commercial to save the environment. The show also did a good tribute to Cecil Fletcher who was friends with the actor and we have a display dedicated to him as well. Cecil was a local musician who wrote a song about LeClaire and had it copyrighted so we have an official city song. Not too many towns can boast that. We also sell his music.
- We have just received more Native American souvenirs for our Gift Shop. Stop by and see what’s new!
- Learn about Geocaching
- We just received the Certificate of Excellence 2015 Winner from www.tripadvisor.com for being recognized by customers as one of the very best in the business.
- We have also received the Brick and Mortar Award for 2014 from the LeClaire Chamber of Commerce.
- The museum director, Robert Schiffke, was awarded The Edward B. deSilva Community Leadership Award for 2015 given by the LeClaire Chamber of Commerce.
- 1939 Chris Craft Speed Boat on Display
- A 3 foot hand crafted replica of the riverboat the Robert E. Lee
- The City of LeClaire’s fully restored first fire truck
- Educational Play Room for young children 3 to 8 years of age accompanied by an adult
- A room displaying Early 1900’s Ladies Fashions
- A New Sauk & Fox Indian Display featuring Cradle Boards
- Lone Star Wooden Hull Steam-powered Paddle Wheel – “A Must To See”: An exhibit featuring The first licensed Riverboat Pilot on the Mississippi River Philip Suiter
- Archival Room where you can do historical research on Buffalo Bill, Mississippi River History, River Pilots and Riverboat History and local area history by appointment
- The Riverboat Pilots
- Pioneers of LeClaire Township
- Indian Artifacts
- The “Green Tree Hotel”
- Life on the Mississippi River
- Summer: 1929 LeClaire Fire Truck / Winter 1949 John Deere Tractor
- Gift Shop
- LeClaire’s Famous Sons:
- Showman “Buffalo Bill” Cody and his Wild West Congress
- Famous inventor, Professor James Ryan’s, was a LeClaire native. His office on display at the museum and he invented the first flight recorder, the seat belt, and crash bumpers for cars.
- James Buchanan Eads, the engineer known for the Eads Bridge in St Louis, Illinois, crossing the Mississippi River.
Open Year Round
Summer Hours !!!! Start Sunday, March 12
Monday – Saturday 9:00 A.M. – 5:00 P.M.
Sunday 12:00 P.M. – 5:00 P.M.
Monday – Saturday: 9:00 A.M. – 4:00 P.M.
Sunday 12:00 P.M. – 4:00 P.M.
OPEN Memorial Day 9-5
Closed Thanksgiving Day
Christmas Eve open 9am-1pm, Closed Christmas Day
New Years Eve open 9am-1pm, New Years Day 12-4
Youth 6-16 years $1.00
Children under 6 years is Free
Triple AAA Members $4
Active Military are Free
199 N. Front St.
Le Claire, Iowa 52753
Link to Google Maps
Located 1 Block east of Cody Road/Hwy 67;
between Downtown LeClaire and the Mississippi River
*NOTE: All forms are in Adobe PDF format.
Click here to download the free Adobe Reader.
For Administration Purpose Only: Check Email