Welcome to the Buffalo Bill Museum in LeClaire, Iowa…
- Recently, we received a donation from Mike Wolfe of “American Pickers“. It is Iron-Eyes Cody’s Tee Pee. He was an Italian actor who portrayed an Indian in many Westerns, including John Wayne. He also was known as the crying Indian from the TV commercial to save the environment. The show also did a good tribute to Cecil Fletcher who was friends with the actor and we have a display dedicated to him as well. Cecil was a local musician who wrote a song about LeClaire and had it copyrighted so we have an official city song. Not too many towns can boost that. We also sell his music.
- Thank You to everyone who was involved in making the 8th Annual John Boesch Memorial golf tournament such a success and especially all the businesses that donated prizes. We hope to see everyone next year!
- We have just received more Native American souvenirs for our Gift Shop. Stop by and see what’s new!
Enjoy a fun filled day at the Buffalo Bill Museum in LeClaire, Iowa. You’ll discover fascinating history along the Mighty Mississippi River that will entertain and educate.
- 1939 Chris Craft Speed Boat on Display
- A 3 foot hand crafted replica of the riverboat the Robert E. Lee
- Summer season we display the City of LeClaire’s fully restored first fire truck
- Educational Play Room for young children 3 to 8 years of age accompanied by an adult
- A room displaying Early 1900’s Ladies Fashions
- A New Sauk & Fox Indian Display featuring Cradle Boards. Some changes for
- Lone Star Wooden Hull Steam-powered Paddle Wheel – “A Must To See”: The first licensed Riverboat Pilot on the Mississippi River
- Archival Room where you can do historical research on Buffalo Bill, Mississippi River History, River Pilots and Riverboat History and local area history by appointment
- Civil War Encampment
- The Riverboat Pilots
- Pioneers of Le Claire Township
- Indian Artifacts
- The “Green Tree Hotel”
- Life on the Mississippi River
- Gift Shop
- LeClaire’s Famous Sons:
- Showman “Buffalo Bill” Cody and his Wild West Congress
- Famous Inventor Professor James Ryan’s Office on Display among his most famous work was on the Flight Recorder, Seat Belt, and the Crash Bumper for Cars.
- James Buchanan Eads, the engineer known for the Eads Bridge in St Louis, Illinois, crossing the Mississippi River.
- Captain Philip Suiter Display
Open Year Round
Monday – Saturday: 9:00 A.M. – 4:00 P.M.
Sunday 12:00 P.M. – 4:00 P.M.
Summer Hours Beginning April 5th 2014
Monday – Saturday 9:00 A.M. – 5:00 P.M.
Sunday 12:00 P.M. – 5:00 P.M.
Open Some Holidays – Please Call Ahead!
Youth 6-16 years $1.00
Children under 6 years is Free
Triple AAA Members $4
Active Military are Free
199 N. Front St.
Le Claire, Iowa 52753
Link to Google Maps
Located 1 Block east of Cody Road/Hwy 67;
between Downtown LeClaire and the Mississippi River
*NOTE: All forms are in Adobe PDF format.
Click here to download the free Adobe Reader.
For Administration Purpose Only: Check Email